What Is It?
TeamTalk is a server-based, high-quality voice chat system. Users install the TeamTalk client on their computer or mobile device, and connect to a server by entering a hostname or IP address, and a port number. From there, the users can join channels to talk to others; send text messages privately to other users; and stream audio or video to the channel.
TTHub gives you a personal voice chat server. It can be a public community, a place for all your friends, or just a place for streaming audio back and forth at high quality. You'll get control of the welcome message, user accounts, and channel settings.
- Full access control: open the server to the public, add a single password, or create separate accounts for every user on the server for maximum security.
- Unlimited capacity: Use settings to control the number of users that may log in at once, and create separate user limits for each channel.
- Flexible quality settings: Your channel can be low quality, for use with mobile devices; or high quality stereo suitable for streaming music. There are some recommended settings in the Setup guide.
- Channel moderation: In addition to the normal free-for-all channel, you can also set up a classroom and manually give people the power to speak.
- Access to the server log, which lists all events along with timestamps.
- TTHub is backed up every hour, so if something goes wrong with your configuration or you accidentally delete your channel tree, you can roll back to the last good configuration.
- TeamTalk can generate .tt files which will automatically connect to a specific server when they are opened. These can be personalized and distributed to users.
- support for tt:// links, which can be placed on a website and will behave similarly to the .tt files.
For All Users
- a great connection manager that can store addresses to commonly-used servers.
- Mute and volume controls for each user in a channel.
- Conversation recording, including an option to record every individual user to a separate file. Great for podcasts.
- Extensive sound queues, which can be customized and disabled in preferences.
- on desktop, an
online userssection that shows every user and their location on the server.
- Each channel has a files section, so users can upload their own content to the server and share it with the others in that channel.
- Status indicators to show your current upload and download speed, as well as icons to indicate whether someone is talking.
- Consistent accessibility across Windows, iOS, and Android.
TeamTalk is compatible with Windows Screen-readers such as JAWS and NVDA. The client can be configured to speak various messages directly to a compatible screen-reader, and will fall back to the system voice if nothing else is available. There are also many keyboard shortcuts, visible in the menu, which will quickly speak information or jump to various screens. On iOS and Android, TeamTalk is compatible with built-in screenreaders such as Talkback and Voiceover, and will use the built-in voices to announce events such as logins and messages.